What is Free Bet Blackjack?
Free Bet Blackjack is a variant of the popular card game online Blackjack, created by Evolution Gaming.
Even though the game is built on the regular online Blackjack rules, there are a few differences. The main difference is that Free Bet Blackjack includes free bets, which means that you can double down and split bets.
Also, when the dealer busts at 22, all the winning hands are pushed. This means that the player does not win, instead, the bets are returned. These little differences are what give the Free Bet Blackjack a unique twist.
How to Play
This is how you play Free Bet Blackjack from Evolution Gaming.
Step 1: Place your bets
You are given 10 seconds to place the regular bets. You can choose between the following coin sizes – 1, 2, 5, 25, 100, and 500.
There are also four additional bets that you can place after the regular betting periods. Find more details about these additional bets further down this guide.
Step 2: Make your decision
Now that your bets have been placed, the dealer deals the cards. Two cards go to the player and two to the dealer. All the cards are dealt face up. Only the dealer’s second card is faced down.
If the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace you get the chance to make an insurance bet. If the card isn’t an Ace, there are four different choices you can make. We have explained each choice below. Note that you have only 13 seconds to make the decision.
- Hit: Taking this decision means you ask for an additional card. This is done if you believe the next card will help you get close to 21.
- Stand: When you stand, you do not get an additional card.
- Free Double down: If your total card value equals 9, 10, or 11, you can make a free double bet. Then you get an additional card.
- Free Split bets: If your hand contains a pair that is 10s, you can split for free.
This repeats until you stand
Step 3: Dealer’s turn
After all players have made their decisions, the dealer reveals her hand and the cards are compared. The outcome of the game is then determined. Here are the rules that apply:
- When both hands get the same card value, it’s a ‘push’. That means the player’s initial bet is returned.
- If the player gets a better card hand than the dealer, the player gets paid even money 1:1.
- When the dealer busts, all players that win are paid even money on their bets
- When the dealer busts on 22, the winning hands are pushed. That is, winnings are not paid. Only the bets are returned to the winning players.
- Any pair – A bet that the first two cards of the player are a pair.
- 21+3 – Here, you bet that the player’s first two cards and dealer’s up card form a poker hand.
- Hot 3 – This is betting that the total value of the player’s two cards and the dealer’s up card will be 19, 20, or 21. It is also a bet that the three cards will be 7s.
- Bust it – A bet that the dealer will bust.
- Six Card Charlie – Here is a bet that the player will get up to 6 cards without busting.
|Any Pair bets||Payout|
|Three of a kind||30:1|
|Total 21 Suited||20:1|
|Total 21 Unsuited||4:1|
|Bust it bets||Payout|
|Bust with 8 cards or more||250:1|
|Bust with 7 cards||100:1|
|Bust with 6 cards||50:1|
|Bust with 5 cards||9:1|
|Bust with 4 cards||2:1|
|Bust with 3 cards||1:1|
The RTP varies with the type of bet
- First hand – 98.45%
- Bust it – 94.12%
- Hot 3 – 94.60%
- 21+3 – 96.30
- Any Pair – 95.90%
What are the odds of Free Bet Blackjack?
The odds of winning in Free Bet Blackjack is 98.45% if you don’t place any side bets.
Can you beat free bet Blackjack?
Yes, you can apply the regular Blackjack strategies to improve your chances of winning.
Can I play free Bet Blackjack for free?
No, Free Bet Blackjack is a live casino game. This means that you must bet with real money to play.