What is One Blackjack?
One Blackjack is a live version of online Blackjack developed by Pragmatic Play. The game allows an unlimited number of participants to play the same Blackjack hand at the same time.
There could be just a few players or sometimes thousands playing at the same time. There’s absolutely no limit to how many people can play in each round.
The game is played following the standard Blackjack rules. It comes with 4 additional side bets, one of which is called Crazy 7. This Crazy 7 side bet can only be found in One Blackjack.
How to Play One Blackjack
Here’s how to play One Blackjack by Pragmatic Play
Step 1: Place your bet
You have only 12 seconds to bet. The timer will be displayed on the screen.
You have to make a regular bet and may also choose any of the 4 side bets. Once you’re ready, simply drag and drop the chip on the selected betting area.
The betting values range from €1 to €,000.
Step 2: Cards are dealt
This part is what makes One Blackjack different from the regular version of the game.
Like other Blackjack games, two cards are dealt to the dealer, one face-up and one face-down. Two open cards are also dealt to the player. However, the players’ cards are not placed directly on the table. The cards are placed in a semi-transparent container at the centre of the table.
The cards and all future cards to be dealt to the player will be shown on the screen.
Step 3: Make your decision
You have only 12 seconds to decide your move. Here are the following moves you can choose from:
- Double(2x): Increase your wager to twice the initial bet
- Hit (+): Request for an additional card
- Stand(-): Not requesting an additional card
- Split(<>): Split a pair of cards into two hands
Step 4: Dealers’ turn
As soon as all the players stand, the dealer deals her cards. You win if you have Blackjack or a better hand than the dealer or if the dealer busts before you.
Six Card Charlier rules apply – If you end up with 6 cards and you have 21 or lower, you win even if the dealer has a Blackjack hand.
- 21+3: This is a bet that your first two cards and the dealer’s faceup card will form a poker hand
- Perfect Pairs: Two of your cards will be a pair
- Bust bonus: This is betting on the dealer to bust
- Crazy 7: A bet that the player’s first two cards and dealer’s up card will all be 7s.
21+3 Poker Hand
|Suited 3 of a kind||100:1||0.02%|
|3 of a kind||30:1||0.52%|
Perfect Pairs Side Bet
|No. of cards dealer bust with||Payout|
|8 cards or more||250:1|
Crazy 7 Side Bet
|Three sevens of the same suit||2000:1|
|Three sevens from any of the suits||500:1|
|Pair of sevens in the same suit||150:1|
|Pairs of sevens from different sauits||25:1|
Below you’ll find the return to player for each of the bets you can make when you play One Blackjack:
- Regular bet – 99.28%
- 21 +3 Poker hand – 96.30%
- Perfect pairs – 95.90%
- Bust bonus: 93.82%
- Crazy 7 – 94.26%
One Blackjack Strategy
To improve your chances of winning at One Blackjack, you may apply the regular Blackjack strategy. You will have to make your moves based on your hand value and the dealer’s up-card.
When the dealer’s up-card is a 6, he can take another card. We hope he’ll bust when he takes another card.
Here is how to play when the dealer’s up-card is a 6
- If you have 8 – 11, double.
- With over 11, stand.
- If you have less than 8, take a card until you go over 11. Then, you stand.
If the dealer’s exposed card is 7 or more, do not double. Play until you get 17 or more.
The strategy for splitting is as follows:
- Always split a pair of 8s.
- Never split 9s, 10s, or face cards.
- Always split Aces.
- You should only split 2s, 3s, 4s, and 5s, if the dealer’s exposed card is 6 or less. If you split against a dealer’s upcard of 7 or more, you’ll likely make your hand weaker.
What is the RTP in One Blackjack?
The RTP varies, depending on the bet you placed. It ranges from 93.82% to 99.28%
What is the difference between One Blackjack and Regular Blackjack?
One Blackjack involves only one hand dealt for all players. So, it is faster than the regular Blackjack. It also has the Crazy 7 side bet which is unique to the game alone.
How many side bets are there in One Blackjack?
There are four side bets.