How to Play Online Roulette
Playing online roulette is easy. Before we begin with the rules it’s worth mentioning that there are many different online roulette games. All of them have slightly different rules, but the main rules are the same.
Learning how to play online roulette is easy. This guide will explain all the rules.
Below we will teach you how to play European Roulette. Once you understand these rules you can easily learn how to play any other online roulette game.
Online Roulette is played with a roulette wheel and a table. The wheel has 37 pockets, with 36 of those pockets numbered from 1-36. The last pocket is numbered “0”. Pockets 1-36 have alternate red and black backgrounds. The pocket numbered “0” has a green background.
The “0” is the 2.7% edge that online casinos have over players.
Your goal is to guess what number pocket the ball will land on. You can place bets on a single number, several numbers or groups.
Once you have decided what bets you want to make, simply drag the casino chip to the file you want to place your bet/bets on. Then click the “Spin” button and see where the ball land. If you guess it right you win and you will be paid according to the pay-out table.
The online roulette table has two parts; the inner part of the table and the outer part. You can place your bet on either part.
The inside betting table has a grid that is labelled with number 1-36, they are circled with black and red depending on the colour the number corresponds with on the roulette wheel. With inside betting you can place a bet on individual numbers and below you’ll find examples of four different types of inside bets:
- Straight Up Bet – place your chip on a specific number, for example Red 18. The payout is 35 to 1.
- Split Bet – place your chips two adjacent number, for example 15 and 16. The payout is 17 to 1.
- Street Bet – place your chips on three number on a row, for example 7,8,9. The payout is 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet – place your chips on four number on a row, for example 6, 7,8,9. The payout is 8 to 1.
Outside bets allows you to place bets on a category of numbers. This type of betting offers lower payout when winning but increases your chances of winning. Below you’ll find examples of outside bets:
- Column Bet – bet on 12 numbers in a column. The winning payout for European roulette is 32.4% and 31.6% for American roulette
- Dozen Bet – bet on 12 numbers for each spin. The winning payout for European roulette is 32.4% and 31.6% for American roulette
- Bet on colour – bet on all reds or all blacks.
- Bet on Odd/Even -bet on all odd numbers or even numbers. The winning payout for European roulette is 48.6% and 47.4% for American roulette
- Bet on Low/High – place your bet on all number between 1-18 or on all numbers between 19-36.
Withdraw Your Winnings
To cash out your winnings when playing online roulette, choose the option to make a withdrawal and select your preferred withdrawal option. Provide the necessary billing information and click the “withdraw” button to end the process.
Always try to opt for online casinos that accept Indian rupees. Advantages of playing in casinos that accept Indian rupees are that there would be no conversion fees and you see all casino bonuses and promotions in your currency.
Play Online Roulette for Real Money in India
To play online roulette for real money simply follow these steps:
- Register with a casino and click in to “online roulette” – Take the first step and sign up to your preferred online casino website. Click on “online roulette”, it’s normally located under the casino games section. You would likely receive bonus cash since most online sites offer real money casino bonuses.
- Launch the game and click on “play for real money” – Since some online roulettes offer free mode, make sure you click on “play for real money”. Check the deposit/withdrawal methods, the currency accepted and the wagering requirements.
- Select how much to bet – Once the roulette table is displayed, you must choose your how much you’d like to bet. The minimum and maximum bets you could place are usually $0.1 and $100 respectively. You could select other chips within that range.
- Place your chips – Choose the numbers you would like to bet on and place your chips on these numbers.
- Wait for outcome – You have to wait for the generated outcome. Once you throw the ball, the number it lands on would be shown on the roulette wheel and also the roulette table.
Play Roulette Online for Free
Most online casinos that provides online roulette offers all of their roulette tables in both “real money-mode” and “free-mode”. This means that you can play online roulette for free at most Indian online casinos. However, you won’t keep any of the winnings.
To play online roulette for free, simply follow the steps below:
- Register with a casino and click in to “online roulette”
- Launch the game and click on play for fun
- Place your chips
- Wait for the outcome
Top 3 Online Roulette Sites
150% up to ₹20,000
>>Low wagering requirement (12x)
>>Casino & sports betting (1300+ games)
Online Roulette Games
There are many different online roulette games you can play, such as European Roulette and American Roulette. You’ll find more information about each type below:
European Roulette is a classic game. It has a single zero “0” that is opposite the reel. Its sequence is clockwise and the rule applies to numbers that have similar colour and consecutive numbers.
In European online roulette rules, there are 37 divisions in the roulette wheel. The numbers which range from 0-36 with 1-36 having alternate red and black backgrounds while “0” has green backgrounds.
The main goal is for the player to predict which number pocket the ball would land on. The game starts once bets have been placed by all the players.
The online roulette dealer then spins the wheel in a particular direction and spins the ball in another direction. The ball would find its way into a numbered pocket and players would be paid respectively.
Since the European roulette has only one zero “0”, this cuts the house edge in half to 2.70%. To calculate RTP, you subtract the house edge from 100. That means theoretically, there would be a return of 97.30% to the player. That is, for every $100 the player wagers on, you get $97.30 back.
There are many variations of European Roulette. One popular variation is the thrilling Immersive Roulette.
American roulette is different from European roulette because it has two additional zeroes; “0” and “00” that are placed on opposite sides of the wheel. The numbers are arranged clockwise from 0 to 38. The American roulette wheel has 38 divisions and it numbers from 1-36, with “0” and “00” included.
Just like European roulette, numbers 1-36 have a red and black background while the two zeros have green backgrounds. Just like the European version, you have to predict which pocket the roulette ball would land on.
In the American online roulette rules, the player loses when the ball falls into the zero pocket.
However, since there’s another double zero “00” in American roulette wheel, the house edge here is higher at 5.26%. That means an average online casino keeps $5.26 for every $100 you wager.
To calculate American roulette RTP, subtract 5.26 from 100; 100-5.26 = 94.74. Therefore, the average RTP in American roulette is equal to 94.74%.
French Roulette has the highest RTP of all online roulette games. The house edge is only 1.35% and the RTP is 98.65%. That mean, you are more likely to win on this roulette game than any other online roulette version.
Just like the European version, French Roulette has 37 divisions. This includes number pockets from 1 to 36 and a single “0”. The numbers are displayed randomly.
What’s unique with this game is the additional two rules known as “En Prison” and “Le Partage”. These rules are what makes the house edge so low. In these rules you basically get some of your money back when you lose.
Lighting Roulette is like no other roulette game. It’s basically like a gameshow with a live host.
The rules are just like European Roulette. What makes this game unique is that you have 5 random lucky numbers that increases your payout with 50x to 500x you bet.
In this game you can make bet from €0.2 to €10.000.
The mini roulette has a wheel that has slots that are numbered from 0 to 12. The 0 slot has a green background and other slots are red and black in colour.
The sequence of numbers appears like this; 0,5,12,3,10,1,8,9,2,7,6,11,4. Odd numbers have red backgrounds while even numbers have black slots.
Fewer numbers makes the payout and betting structure a little different. There is a greater chance of the ball landing on zero due to the limited number of pockets on the wheel. So there is a rule that players will have up to half of their bets on other numbers returned if zero is shown.
Take note that winning bets on individual numbers have a payout of 11 to 1 and not 35 to 1. Let’s say a player wins a split bet, the payout would be 5 to 1. To get more money, you could play Red or black, Odd or Even or Half-dozen bets.
The average Return to player percentage of the mini roulette game is 96.15%. This means that the house edge is around 3.85%.
Speed Roulette is very similar to all other online roulette games. The main difference is that each spin is limited to 25 seconds and bets are placed while the wheel is spinning. This creates super-fast Roulette sessions.
The RTP in Speed Roulette is between 94.67% to 97.32%.
No Zero Roulette
No Zero Roulette is played on a wheel that only has numbers 1-36. Unlike others, there are no zeros include in the wheel. This means that house edge is totally removed. You have the same chance as the house to win.
Since there are no zeroes, the payout on a single winning bet on single pockets is 35 to 1. Betting on equal chances, the probability to win is a 50-5- or 1 to 1.
You can have a 50% probability to win on this online roulette game
Take note that it is not as simple as it seems, first, there is a 10% commission on all payouts and maximum bet is restricted.
1-2-3-4 is claimed to be the best strategy to win. You bet on 1,2,3,4 as a sequence, once all four bets or one of the bets loose, that sequence is started again. So if you choose to bet $10, you need to bet $10, $20, $30, $40 consecutively. The positive side of this bet is even if you are losing, as long as the first two bets are a win, you earn your profit, even if the third bet fails to win.
The RTP for this online roulette game is 98.3%. This means the house edge should be around 1.5 %.
What Online Roulette Game has the Highest RTP?
Each online roulette version offers a different Return to Player percentage (RTP). RTP is used to describe how much of what all wagered bets is paid back to players. Higher RTP means higher chance of winning. For a RTP of 95%, that means that you can get $95 back in your winnings out of every $100 that you have staked.
The rule is that the higher RTP a game has, the longer your bankroll will last. If you want to increase your chances of winning you should choose an online roulette version with high RTP.
Below you’ll find a list of online roulette games with the highest RTP:
- French Roulette – 98.65%
- Mini Roulette – 98.3%
- Double Bonus Spin Roulette – 98.06%
- European Roulette – 97.3%
- Lightning Roulette – 97.3%
- Live La Partage Roulette – 97.3%
- Speed Auto Roulette – 97.3%
- No zero roulette – 96.15%
- American Roulette – 94.74%
Online Roulette Strategy
Since there are many variations of online roulette game, it is logical that there would be many strategies to win each variation. These are the are common online roulette strategies.
The Martingale Roulette Strategy
This method is about doubling your bets in the event you take a loss. That means you should place a bet on a single colour and continue doubling until you win. In that way you eventually regain your previous losses while making a profit.
If you lose a bet, keep doubling your bets until you eventually win.
Use the following steps when applying the Martingale Roulette Strategy:
- Find a table that has a small minimum bet and high maximum bet. When you start small, you have the opportunity to double your losing bet as much as you want.
- Place a small wager on black or red.
In the event that you win, keep the winnings and bet the small wager again, you could even walk away at this time. However, if you lose double your original wager and place it on the same bet again.
If you win the second wager, try to keep your winnings and wager the earlier small bet. you have gathered your losses and can fall back to a smaller amount.
Take note that just because a particular colour has been winning previously does not mean it would be on the next spin.
The Reverse Martingale Roulette Strategy
This is the exact opposite of the Martingale Roulette Strategy. The objective here is to increase your bets when you win and lower your bets when you lose. It makes you capitalize on winnings and keeps losses at a minimum.
With this strategy you should increase your bets when you win and lower your bets when you lose.
Use the following steps when applying the Reverse Martingale Roulette Strategy:
- Find a table that has a small minimum bet and high maximum bet.
- Place a small wager on black or red or other groupings.
- Keep the wager on the exact spot on the table till you hit it.
If you are losing, keep betting at a small amount. Once you hit and win, double your bet on the exact spot for the next round. Once you keep winning, just keep on doubling your bets. If you make a loss, go back to your original bet.
This strategy is very risky because when you lose, you forfeit all your earnings. To make the most out of this strategy, you must hit a hot streak and walk away before you lose.
The D’ Alambert Roulette Strategy
This is much safer than both Martingale strategies. It is about increasing and decreasing your bets based by one instead of doubling.
Use the following steps when applying the D’ Alambert Roulette Strategy:
- Place a small starting wager on black/red or any groupings
- Increase the wager by one after losing and decrease by one after a win.
Make sure to walk away after you have wins as much as losses. If on a losing streak, play tight until you win and it equals your losses. If on a winning streak, continue playing till your wins equal total losses.
The disadvantage is taking note of the number of wins and losses.
The Fibonacci Roulette Strategy
Here, every number after the first two is the sum of the two preceding ones. So the Fibonacci sequence is; 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144 and so on. This strategy is about betting by adding the last two bets together. This makes it possible to leave with a profit even if you lose more games than you win.
Use the following steps when applying the Fibonacci Roulette Strategy:
- Place a small starting wager on black/red or any groupings.
- If you lose, increase betting by going down the sequence – For example, if you start with a $1 bet and lose, bet another $1, then if you lose again, increase to $2.
- In the event of winning, move back two numbers in the sequence and bet on that amount.
Make sure not to rely on number of wins versus your losses to tell whether you are ahead.
The disadvantage here is that the further you get down the sequence, the greater the amount of money you get to lose.
The James Bond Roulette Strategy
This strategy was created by Ian Flemming in the James Bond series. To win here, you would need a minimum of $200. The steps are; place $140 on high numbers (19-36), place your $50 bet on numbers 13 through 18, then place $10 on 0 for an Insurance.
The risky part is if the numbers 1-12 shows up, you lose your $200.
Play Online Roulette Live
With Live Roulette, all the online roulette action is streamed live in HD or 4K quality. You can chat with the online dealer or other players on the table. The dealer is located in a studio and the action is broadcasted live.
Ezugi even offers Namaste Roulette live where the dealer speaks Hindi. The dealers are Indians and the studio is beautifully decorated with Indian theme colours. It can’t get more local than that.
Some live casinos also offer sexy live roulette, where the ladies are dressed in bikinis (and sometimes topless).
Online Roulette Betting Terms Explained
- Corner Bets: Here, you bet on four numbers by putting the chip in the middle of the intersecting lines in between four numbers.
- Line Bets: Here, you bet on 2 rows of 3 numbers. e.g. 1-6, 7-12.
- Snake Bets: When you bet on numbers, it forms a snake-like pattern. The sequence of 1,5,9,12,14,16,23,27,30,32 and 34 is an example.
- Basket Bets: Also known as first four bet. It involves placing your bets on numbers 0-1-2-3.
- Voisins Du Zero: Here, you can bet on a group of numbers that are located on the section of the roulette wheel that’s next to zero. When betting, bet on the following numbers; 22,18,29,7,28,12,35,3,26,0,32,15,19,4,21,2 and 25.
- Orphelins: This allows you to bet on a selection of numbers that are located to one another on the wheel. These are 1,20,14,9,17,34 and 6.
- Tiers: This bet will allow you place bets on 12 numbers between the 27 pocket and the 33 that are located on the opposite side of the wheel to the zero. These numbers are; 27,13,36,11,30,8,23,10,5,24,16 and 33.
- Neighbour Bet: This allows you place a 5 piece straight up bet. You place a chip on each of a particular number and 4 of its numbers. So if you select number 5 as the centre of your call bet, the neighboring numbers you would select are 10, 23, 24 and 16.
Online Roulette Apps
You can choose to play online roulette on your mobile, either directly on the mobile browser or via an app. In order to play online roulette via an app you need to find an online casino that offers a downloadable casino app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online roulette legal in India?
Yes. Online casinos that offer online roulette are located outside India. Since the Indian gambling laws only address gambling inside India, online roulette remains fully legal in India.
What is online roulette?
Online Rouletter is an online version of roulette. The rules and gameplay is the same as land based roulette.
What is the best online roulette site in India?
What is an online roulette simulator?
This is a programme made to simulate the spins of a roulette wheel at high speeds which can be installed on computers to simulate spins. Websites also use it and can be played for free.
Where can I play online roulette in India?
You could play at many online casino sites that offer online roulette. We have listed the best online roulette sites in this guide.
How safe is online roulette?
Very safe as long as you choose an online casino site that is licensed and encrypted with 128-bit.
What is RNG roulette?
RNG means random number generator. It is a very important part of online roulette gaming since it helps programme a fair game. The software uses an RNG to simulate odds as a real deck in terms of which cards the player would be dealing with.
Can I earn money playing online roulette?
Yes. You can play online roulette for real money and if you apply the right strategies you can earn money. However, do not reply on online roulette as your main source of income. You can also lose money.