How to Play Online Roulette for Real Money in India
- Register with a casino and click in to “online roulette” – Take the first step and sign up to your preferred online casino website. Click on “online roulette”, it’s normally located under the casino games section. You would likely receive bonus cash since most online sites offer real money casino bonuses.
- Launch the game and click on “play for real money” – Since some online roulettes offer free mode, make sure you click on “play for real money”. Check the deposit/withdrawal methods, the currency accepted and the wagering requirements.
- Select how much to bet – Once the roulette table is displayed, you must choose your how much you’d like to bet. The minimum and maximum bets you could place are usually $0.1 and $100 respectively. You could select other chips within that range.
- Place your chips – Choose the numbers you would like to bet on and place your chips on these numbers.
- Wait for outcome – You have to wait for the generated outcome. Once you throw the ball, the number it lands on would be shown on the roulette wheel and also the roulette table.
How Does Online Roulette Work?
Online Roulette has the same basic principles with land-based casino roulettes, however there are some differences. Online roulette works via random number generators also known as RNG which are built via software programmes. The RNG brings out different numbers using algorithms which generates it, and when called, it pulls out the following number in the sequence.
On a visual representation on the screen, you see the ball dropping on a number that is generated, which makes it look real and interactive.
Online Roulette is played with a roulette wheel and a table. The wheel has 37 pockets, with 36 of those pockets numbered from 1-36. The last pocket is numbered “0”. Pockets 1-36 have alternate red and black backgrounds, while the pocket numbered “0” has a green background. The “0” is the 2.7% edge that Casinos have over players.
Just like in physical roulette, you need to guess the number that would come out. You could place bets on a group or a single number. These could be betted in combinations like different or same colours, or different columns.
The online roulette table has two parts; the inner part of the table and the outer part. You can place your bet on either part.
The inside betting table has a grid that is labelled with number 1-36, they are circled with black and red depending on the colour the number corresponds with on the roulette wheel. With inside betting you can place a bet on individual numbers and below you’ll find examples of four different types of inside bets:
- Straight Up Bet – place your chip on a specific number, for example Red 18. The payout is 35 to 1.
- Split Bet – place your chips two adjacent number, for example 15 and 16. The payout is 17 to 1.
- Street Bet – place your chips on three number on a row, for example 7,8,9. The payout is 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet – place your chips on four number on a row, for example 6, 7,8,9. The payout is 8 to 1.
Outside bets allows you to place bets on a category of numbers. This type of betting offers lower payout when winning but increases your chances of winning. Below you’ll find examples of outside bets:
- Column Bet – bet on 12 numbers in a column. The winning payout for European roulette is 32.4% and 31.6% for American roulette
- Dozen Bet – bet on 12 numbers for each spin. The winning payout for European roulette is 32.4% and 31.6% for American roulette
- Bet on colour – bet on all reds or all blacks.
- Bet on Odd/Even -bet on all odd numbers or even numbers. The winning payout for European roulette is 48.6% and 47.4% for American roulette
- Bet on Low/High – place your bet on all number between 1-18 or on all numbers between 19-36.
Cash Out Your Winnings
To cash out your winnings when playing online roulette, choose the option to make a withdrawal and select your preferred withdrawal option. Provide the necessary billing information and click the “withdraw” button to end the process.
Always try to opt for online casinos that accept Indian rupees. Advantages of playing in casinos that accept Indian rupees are that there would be no conversion fees and you see all casino bonuses and promotions in your currency.
How to Play Online Roulette for Free
Most online casinos that provides online roulette offers all of their roulette tables in both “real money-mode” and “free-mode”. This means that you can play online roulette for free at most online casinos. However, you won’t keep any of the winnings.
To play online roulette for free, simply follow the steps below:
- Register with a casino and click in to “online roulette”
- Launch the game and click on play for fun
- Place your chips
- Wait for the outcome
Popular Roulette Games in India
If you have played roulette before you probably know there are different version of roulette, such as European Roulette and American Roulette. You’ll find more information about each type below:
The European online roulette is a classic game. It has a single zero “0” that is opposite the reel. Its sequence is clockwise and the rule applies to numbers that have similar colour and consecutive numbers.
In European online roulette rules, there are 37 divisions in the roulette wheel. The numbers which range from 0-36 with 1-36 having alternate red and black backgrounds while “0” has green backgrounds.
The main goal is for the player to correctly predict which number pocket the ball would land on. The game starts once bets have been placed by all the players. The online dealer then spins the wheel in a particular direction and spins the ball in another direction. The ball would find its way into a numbered pocket and players would be paid respectively.
Since the European roulette has only one zero “0”, this cuts the house edge in half to 2.70%. To calculate RTP, you subtract the house edge from 100. That means theoretically, there would be a return of 97.30% to the player. That is, for every $100 the player wagers on, you get $97.30 back.
The American online roulette is different from European roulette because it has two additional zeroes; “0” and “00” that are placed on opposite sides of the wheel. The numbers are arranged clockwise from 0 to 38. The American roulette wheel has 38 divisions and it numbers from 1-36, with “0” and “00” included.
Just like European roulette, numbers 1-36 have a red and black background while the two zeros have green backgrounds. Just like the European version, you have to predict which pocket the roulette ball would land on. When you place your bet on a certain number, the dealer turns the roulette wheel in a particular direction and spin the ball to the other side. If the ball falls on the number you placed your bet on, you get paid.
In the American online roulette rules, the player loses when the ball falls into the zero pocket. However, since there’s another double zero “00”in American roulette wheel, the house edge here is higher at 5.26%. That means an average online casino keeps $5.26 for every $100 you wager. To calculate American roulette RTP, subtract 5.26 from 100; 100-5.26 = 94.74. Therefore, the average RTP in American roulette is equal to 94.74%.
The online mini roulette has a wheel that has slots that are numbered from 0 to 12. The 0 slot has a green background and other slots are red and black in colour. The sequence of numbers appears like this; 0,5,12,3,10,1,8,9,2,7,6,11,4. Odd numbers have red backgrounds while even numbers have black slots.
What distinguishes it from other roulette variations is the table and the wheel. This makes the payout and betting structure a little different. There is a greater chance of the ball landing on zero due to the limited number of pockets on the wheel. So there is a rule that players will have up to half of their bets on other numbers returned if zero is shown.
Take note that winning bets on individual numbers have a payout of 11 to 1 and not 35 to 1. Let’s say a player wins a split bet, the payout would be 5 to 1. To get more money, you could play Red or black, Odd or Even or Half-dozen bets.
The average Return to player percentage of the mini roulette game is 96.15%. This means that the house edge is around 3.85%.
No Zero Roulette
This is played on a wheel that only has numbers 1-36. Unlike others, there are no zeros include in the wheel. This means that house edge is totally removed. You have the same chance as the house to win.
Online no zero roulette are very interesting because of the removed house edge. Since there are no zeroes, the payout on a single winning bet on single pockets is 35 to 1, and 35-1 is the probability you would win the bet. Betting on equal chances, the probability to win is a 50-5- or 1 to 1.
Take note that it is not as simple as it seems, first, there is a 10% commission on all payouts, maximum bet is restricted. Online casinos that offer No zero roulette usually restrict the bets on equal chances to ten units, like $10.
1-2-3-4 is claimed to be the best strategy to win. You bet on 1,2,3,4 as a sequence, once all four bets or one of the bets lose, that sequence is started again. Take betting size into account, so when you choose on bet size $10, you need to bet $10, $20, $30, $40 consecutively. The positive side of this bet is even if you are losing, as long as the first two bets are a win, you earn your profit, even if the third bet fails to win.
With the commission that online casinos charge, if you bet $100 and go on to win $100, you only get $90 in profit.
Some online casinos put the RTP at 98.3%. This means the house edge should be around 1.5 %.
Roulette Games With the Highest RTP
Each online roulette version offers a different Return to Player percentage (RTP). RTP is used to describe how much of what all wagered bets is paid back to players. Higher RTP means higher chance of winning. For a RTP of 95%, that means that you can get $95 back in your winnings out of every $100 that you have staked.
The rule is that the higher RTP a game has, the longer your bankroll will last. If you want to increase your chances of winning you should choose an online roulette version with high RTP.
Below you’ll find a list of online roulette games with the highest RTP:
- French Roulette – 98.65%
- Mini Roulette – 98.3%
- Double Bonus Spin Roulette – 98.06%
- European Roulette – 97.3%
- Live La Partage Roulette – 97.3%
- Speed Auto Roulette – 97.3%
- No zero roulette – 96.15%
- American Roulette – 94.74%
Online Roulette Strategy
Since there are many variations of the online roulette game, it is logical that there would be many strategies to win each variation of the game. These are the are common strategies that players around the globe constantly use to rake in the chip:
The Martingale Roulette Strategy
This method is about doubling your bets in the event you take a loss, with the objective of gathering all previous losses and gaining a little profit. That means if you place wagers only on a single colour and continue doubling them till you win, your losses would be recovered.However, you must double you losing bets each time.
Example: Let’s say you lost $1 on black, place $2 bet on red again. Repeat until you win.
Use the following steps when applying the Martingale Roulette Strategy:
- Find a table that has a small minimum bet and high maximum bet – When you start small, you have the opportunity to double your losing bet as much as you want.
- Place a small wager on black or red or other groupings.
In the event that you win, keep the winnings and bet the small wager again, you could even walk away at this time. However, if you lose double your original wager and place it on the same bet again.
If you win the second wager, try to keep your winnings and wager the earlier small bet; you have gathered your losses and can fall back to a smaller amount. In the event that you lose, double the wager and try again, then repeat the cycle until the money is finished or you get to the maximum bet on that table.
However, take note that because a particular colour has been winning previously does not mean it would be on the next spin. If after several losses, you get to the maximum bet or run out of money, you’ve made a loss, whether you win or not. You would have to make bigger bets or win to recoup your losses, if you can’t do both, walk away.
The Reverse Martingale Roulette Strategy
This is the exact opposite of the Martingale Roulette Strategy. The objective here is to increase your bets when you win and lower your bets when you lose. It makes you capitalize on winnings and keeps losses at a minimum.
Use the following steps when applying the Reverse Martingale Roulette Strategy:
- Find a table that has a small minimum bet and high maximum bet.
- Place a small wager on black or red or other groupings.
- Keep the wager on the exact spot on the table till you hit it.
If you are losing, keep betting at a small amount. Once you hit and win, double your bet on the exact spot for the next round. Once you keep winning, just keep on doubling your bets. If you make a loss, go back to your original bet.
This strategy is very risky because when you lose, you forfeit all your earnings. To make the most out of this strategy, you must hit a hot streak and walk away before you lose.
The D’ Alambert Roulette Strategy
This is much safer than both Martingale strategies. It is about increasing and decreasing your bets based by one instead of doubling.
Use the following steps when applying the D’ Alambert Roulette Strategy:
- Place a small starting wager on black/red or any groupings
- Increase the wager by one after losing and decrease by one after a win.
Make sure to walk away after you have wins as much as losses. If on a losing streak, play tight until you win and it equals your losses. If on a winning streak, continue playing till your wins equal total losses.
The disadvantage is taking note of the number of wins and losses.
The Fibonacci Roulette Strategy
Here, every number after the first two is the sum of the two preceding ones. So the Fibonacci sequence is; 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144 and so on. This strategy is about betting by adding the last two bets together. This makes it possible to leave with a profit even if you lose more games than you win.
Use the following steps when applying the Fibonacci Roulette Strategy:
- Place a small starting wager on black/red or any groupings.
- If you lose, increase betting by going down the sequence – For example, if you start with a $1 bet and lose, bet another $1, then if you lose again, increase to $2.
- In the event of winning, move back two numbers in the sequence and bet on that amount.
Make sure not to rely on number of wins versus your losses to tell whether you are ahead, because you could be on the black even though you have lost more than you have won.
The disadvantage here is that the further you get down the sequence, the greater the amount of money you get to lose.
The James Bond Roulette Strategy
This strategy was created by Ian Flemming in the James Bond series. To win here, you would need a minimum of $200. The steps are; place $140 on high numbers (19-36), place your $50 bet on numbers 13 through 18, then place $10 on 0 for an Insurance.
The risky part is if the numbers 1-12 shows up, you lose your $200.
Play Live Roulette Online with HD Streaming
Here, all the online roulette action is streamed live with crystal sound. Players can chat with the online dealer or other players on the table. The action is broadcast live through a live-streaming video link.
Studios like Evolution gaming, XPG, NetEnt Live, Extreme Live Gaming all offer live HD streaming. Games available are Immersive roulette, European roulette, Dual play roulette, Mini Live roulette, Slingshot Auto Roulette and many others.
Some of these live casinos also offer sexy live roulette, where the ladies are dressed in bikinis (and sometimes topless).
Roulette Betting Terms Explained
- Corner Bets: Here, you bet on four numbers by putting the chip in the middle of the intersecting lines in between four numbers.
- Line Bets: Here, you bet on 2 rows of 3 numbers. e.g. 1-6, 7-12.
- Snake Bets: When you bet on numbers, it forms a snake-like pattern. The sequence of 1,5,9,12,14,16,23,27,30,32 and 34 is an example.
- Basket Bets: Also known as first four bet. It involves placing your bets on numbers 0-1-2-3.
- Voisins Du Zero: Here, you can bet on a group of numbers that are located on the section of the roulette wheel that’s next to zero. When betting, bet on the following numbers; 22,18,29,7,28,12,35,3,26,0,32,15,19,4,21,2 and 25.
- Orphelins: This allows you to bet on a selection of numbers that are located to one another on the wheel. These are 1,20,14,9,17,34 and 6.
- Tiers: This bet will allow you place bets on 12 numbers between the 27 pocket and the 33 that are located on the opposite side of the wheel to the zero. These numbers are; 27,13,36,11,30,8,23,10,5,24,16 and 33.
- Neighbour Bet: This allows you place a 5 piece straight up bet. You place a chip on each of a particular number and 4 of its numbers. So if you select number 5 as the centre of your call bet, the neighboring numbers you would select are 10, 23, 24 and 16.
Indian Casino Roulette Sites Accepting Bitcoin
Recommended Indian Online Roulette App
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Online Roulette Legal in India?
Yes. Online casinos that offer online roulette are located outside India. Since the Indian gambling laws only address gambling inside India, online roulette remains fully legal in India.
What is Online Roulette?
This is an online version of roulette where you can place chips, spin wheels, throw the balls and win or lose just like in land roulette.
What is an online roulette simulator?
This is a programme made to simulate the spins of a roulette wheel at high speeds which can be installed on computers to simulate spins. Websites also use it and can be played for free.
Where can I play online roulette in India?
You could play at many online casino sites that offer online roulette. We have listed the best online roulette sites in this guide.
How safe is online roulette?
Very safe as long as you choose an online casino site that is licensed and encrypted with 128-bit.
What is RNG roulette?
RNG means random number generator. It is a very important part of online roulette gaming since it helps programme a fair game. The software uses an RNG to simulate odds as a real deck in terms of which cards the player would be dealing with.